Friday, July 20, 2007

Visitors

One of my most important jobs is to greet visitors.

Well, they call it greeting, but what I'm really doing is checking them out to see where they have come from and if they should be allowed in.

Take yesterday's visitors, for example. They smelt of dog. Now I'm not sure whether dog lovers should come in or not. One the one hand they obviously like animals but on the other hand they have a dog and that makes them suspicious in my book.

I sat beside them for a while wondering what to do but then Mrs Visitor started scratching me in that spot just behind my ears which makes me go all soppy, so I decided that she was OK after all.

The Big Softie and I were chatting at lights out time last night and she was telling me that Old Prickly had been over for a game this evening. She said she smelt him hiding in the wall but he wouldn't come out and play. If it had been me who found him, I'd have grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and dragged him out to play. Lightweight! She says he hurts when you do that, but I'm sure he's OK really. I'll get him next time.

The Little Bar Steward

No comments: