Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good morning, cat lovers.

Guess what I did yesterday? I caught a mouse. The Serene One was having a day off after her night out on the tiles so I had to catch my own. It's a bit like having a take-away without the delivery service.

This was a particularly rotund and pretty specimen so I carted it back to show The Owners. Mr Owner was busy doing things with bits of wood (I can't understand that), so I took it over to Mrs who was sitting under the chestnut tree reading a book.

Minnie (the mouse) liked the look of Mrs Owner and tried to climb up onto the comfy lounger with her. I don't know why, but Mrs didn't think this was a good idea and Mr came rushing over with a broom saying something about mice nesting in the cushions. I don't know why they were so fussy, I'd have got her out of there again. Anyway, Minnie ran under the tree into the long grass and wouldn't come out to play again. I suppose it was a bit like my game of hide and seek with Mr the day before, but I did find her eventually and took her over on the big bit of grass to play kiss chase instead.

She lost.

The Little Bar Steward

No comments: